Thanks for joining in on our journey towards creating our forever family...

This is the place you can come to witness the adventures we experience as we adopt our child from the beautiful country of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. We hope you will come back often to learn about where we're at in the process, the culture of our child, our hopes and dreams, and to leave comments of encouragement.

Also, be sure to check out older posts by clicking on the link at the bottom of each page titled "older posts".

HOW OLD IS OUR PRECIOUS ASHA NOW???

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 25, 2008

BLESSING FROM A NEW FRIEND...

I recently began corresponding with a new friend who is in the process of adopting from St. Vincent and the Grenadines. She said something to me today that will forever stay in my heart; it was something that I truly needed to hear at this exact moment in our journey. More than she probably even realizes, she blessed me richly and the way I had been looking at our adoption journey has since changed. She said:

'Seeing the 1st smile or hearing mama for the 1st time or seeing the child take their 1st step….I thought I needed to be there for all of that. I also thought I needed to get pregnant so I could feel the unconditional love growing inside me! You know what…I really don’t have the desire anymore for that beginning stage. Those feeling that I felt I needed…the 1st smile, the 1st time I hear mama, the 1st step….we will still get to experience all of that! Everything that my son does for US will be the 1st! I have never held my son or looked into his eyes but the amount of love I have for him amazes me! He may not have been growing inside me…but he most certainly has been growing.'

Desiree

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is SO beautiful and also so true. Asha will be your first and such a blessing in your home. I will continue to pray for you.
Carol Baerg