Thanks for joining in on our journey towards creating our forever family...

This is the place you can come to witness the adventures we experience as we adopt our child from the beautiful country of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. We hope you will come back often to learn about where we're at in the process, the culture of our child, our hopes and dreams, and to leave comments of encouragement.

Also, be sure to check out older posts by clicking on the link at the bottom of each page titled "older posts".

HOW OLD IS OUR PRECIOUS ASHA NOW???

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 26, 2009

TIRED IN CALGARY...

Well, we had the most "brilliant" idea ever yesterday. We figured that being that we were flying over night it would be best to try to stay up as late as possible the night before we left, so last night we were up until 4:00 am...and you would think that we would know better that the excitement of meeting Asha would keep us up and we wouldn't be able to sleep. But NO! We went to sleep at 4:00 am and were up at 9:00 pm! What were we thinking!

We have now completed the first part of our journey and have safely arrived in Calgary. We are just awaiting word to begin boarding our plane to Toronto and we are completely exhausted and to make things worse, there are no open restaurants here. The only food is potatoe chips and beef jerky.

Here's hoping we can sleep on the way to Toronto. Good night all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been thinking about the two (no three) of you and I was going to phone and say good bye and good luck and then I read on here that you have already left. What the heck?? I could cry right now because I know that you are with Asha and squeezing her so tight. Give her a hug & kiss from me I can hardly wait to see her. I am so excited. I pray that everything goes well and happens quickly because then you can just sit back and enjoy your time. Have a rum punch for me and bring back the sunshine. Love Wendy

marlene and Brian said...

Not one second has gone by without thinking of you today.I clock watched. At 5:00 p.m. I was thinking how amazing it was feeling, for you both to have Asha in you're arms. I can only imagine how tired you both are... Sleep well.... I love You....
And miss you already. Mom