Thanks for joining in on our journey towards creating our forever family...

This is the place you can come to witness the adventures we experience as we adopt our child from the beautiful country of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. We hope you will come back often to learn about where we're at in the process, the culture of our child, our hopes and dreams, and to leave comments of encouragement.

Also, be sure to check out older posts by clicking on the link at the bottom of each page titled "older posts".

HOW OLD IS OUR PRECIOUS ASHA NOW???

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

AN AMAZING SONG ABOUT INFERTILITY...

Strange thing happened...We were getting ready for bed last night when this song came on the galaxy music station. It brought tears to our eyes because we could both identify what Lady Saw was singing - we loved it so much that we thought we would post it here. We have also included the words below to follow along. We hope you'll find it as touching as we did.



Verse 1: Infertility is a word that a lot of people are ashamed to mention, a lot of people are so illiterate when it come to that word. They act as if it's a crime if you can't have a child. But I don't think so, I don't have a child, I may one day. But in the mean time I am going to share all my love.

Chorus: Not having a child don't make me any less than a woman, you see I got so much love to give, to so much unwanted kids, you can say all you want about me trying and ruin my reputation, ah still got so much love to give to so much unwanted kids, listen to my song.

Verse 2: I may not know the joy of giving birth, may not experience the pain and all the hurt, but I know how it feels to lose a child, and if pain is pain then I am hurting inside. If infertility makes me less than a girl, what would you say to many women in this world. Would you tell them have faith, would you tell them be strong or would you tell them that they're less than a woman?

Verse 3: I would give anything to have a child of my own but in the meantime let me share my happy home with the less fortunate, take away some of the stress from a child who has never known love and happiness. Miscarriages remind me of baby carriages, of broken hearts, short flings, failed marriages, the pain never go away, we try to keep them at bay. Oh I wish if my baby could have stayed.

Verse 4: Some people have kids and wish them never did, some kids grew up hating the life weh them live, some have it easy, some have it hard, some mothers abandon dem pickney like dawg. But wanti wanti dem can't get it and getti getti get and run weh lef eeh. Me nuh have none so you know me will take eeh me have a lot of love so send me little Becky Ann.

Verse 5: You see, what I am saying is this song is dedicated to all the females who have been trying to have children but never succeed. Some have miscarriage just like myself, but you know what, don't give up, have faith, one day you may just succeed. You know what I'm saying, and don't feel you are less than a woman because you don't have a child 'cause once you give you love to other children that come. You know what I'm saying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott & Desiree, thanks for putting this song up, it is a good one.

nanatobe said...

WOW Desiree and Scott, very touching. Little Becky Ann is on her way. I love you both, Love the music as well, Nana to be XXXX OOOO