Thanks for joining in on our journey towards creating our forever family...

This is the place you can come to witness the adventures we experience as we adopt our child from the beautiful country of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. We hope you will come back often to learn about where we're at in the process, the culture of our child, our hopes and dreams, and to leave comments of encouragement.

Also, be sure to check out older posts by clicking on the link at the bottom of each page titled "older posts".

HOW OLD IS OUR PRECIOUS ASHA NOW???

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 16, 2010

HAITI...

There are really no words to describe the deep sadness I feel for the Haitian people right now.  It truly breaks my heart just thinking about all of the people who have lost loved ones, their homes and their identity in this tragedy.  What touches me the most is the children in the orphanages who were almost ready to make their way home to their adoptive families, but now there will be a longer delay in joining their forever families because their paperwork is missing in the rubble.


Although Asha is not from Haiti, she is still Caribbean and I feel a special closeness and connection to the Caribbean people because of this.

We have friends who are from Haiti and who are forced to face this tragedy all the way from Canada.  They have relatives from Port-Au-Prince who are still missing and cousins who have died.  Although we are not in close proximity to Haiti, this tragedy is very real.   It saddens me that I cannot do too much from Canada - I truly feel helpless.

But in the wake of sadness, this has been such an eye opening tragedy for me.  I feel so truly blessed to have an amazing daughter, loving husband, warm home, food in my refrigerator and clothes on my back.  This tragedy has made me think about what is most important to me and it has made me think a lot about the fact that I am only on earth for such a short time so I need to live my life to the fullest.  I am so richly blessed and praise God that my family is all safe and together.

From living in the Caribbean for three months, I can tell you this... Caribbean people are some of the most loving, caring and generous people on the face of the earth; they have a true love for people and strong family roots.  They WILL get through this trying time.

Dear Lord, please be with the Haitian people.  Be a comfort to them and give them hope and strength.  I pray that they would continue to glorify Your name throughout this trying time.  Please also be with the men and women who are giving their lives in order to help these people in need.  Provide these homeless people with food, water and comfort from others.  Be with those families around the world who are mourning the loss of relatives and friends.

No comments: