Thanks for joining in on our journey towards creating our forever family...

This is the place you can come to witness the adventures we experience as we adopt our child from the beautiful country of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. We hope you will come back often to learn about where we're at in the process, the culture of our child, our hopes and dreams, and to leave comments of encouragement.

Also, be sure to check out older posts by clicking on the link at the bottom of each page titled "older posts".

HOW OLD IS OUR PRECIOUS ASHA NOW???

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

GRANDPA "CHEEK"...

If anyone knows my Dad, he is almost always a happy go lucky guy who has had the motto, "be nice, say nice things" since I was a small girl. He is truly a man of few words, very sensitive and doesn't like to outwardly show his feelings and emotions. He can cry at the drop of a dime and at the silliest little things (for example, seeing a commercial with a dog running in a field), but that's what makes him special! He has a true heart of gold and anytime I have needed anything growing up to help make my life easier because of my disability, he has always come through. He is not perfect, but he really knows when things NEED to be done and gets them done.

My Dad wanted to refinish Asha's crib and promised to have it done for our birthay, which was on February 14th, Valentine's Day. And sure enough, that day it was finished and delivered and is absolutely beautiful! Now all that is missing is Asha, but Laureen will keep the bed warm until we bring our princess home.
He was also refinishing a dresser that used to be one of our neices. He called today to give me his "progress report" with how the dresser was coming along. He said to me, "I sprayed the dresser once, but didn't like how it turned out so I went back and had to fill in all of the nicks in the wood. I couldn't have left it the way it was because it just was not acceptable for my Asha." And this time, he didn't cry but rather made me cry. I know my Dad is really looking forward to being a "Gramps" and to hold and cuddle Asha. At the same time though, he is a little worried. A couple of weeks ago he said, "What if I squeeze her too much?" What a guy!

No comments: