Thanks for joining in on our journey towards creating our forever family...

This is the place you can come to witness the adventures we experience as we adopt our child from the beautiful country of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. We hope you will come back often to learn about where we're at in the process, the culture of our child, our hopes and dreams, and to leave comments of encouragement.

Also, be sure to check out older posts by clicking on the link at the bottom of each page titled "older posts".

HOW OLD IS OUR PRECIOUS ASHA NOW???

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

OOPS...NEVER TRUST THE PACKAGING...

Both Scott and I are creative and artsy.  I do scrapbooking (guess I can say I "used" to do scrapbooking as I haven't found time since Asha's been home).  I also crochet, cross stitch, make cards and more recently have taken up quilting.  Scott draws, paints and is an exceptional screenplay writer.  The arts are very important to us and so when it comes to Asha, we try as much as we can to incorportate anything creative into her day. 

Mama figured that Asha would have a blast with finger painting, so off to Walmart we went.  I knew it would be messy so I made sure to check that the paints were washable and non-toxic and I even bought a nice smock for her to wear so that her clothing would stay clean.  Well the clothes were not the issue, let me tell you!  The issue was that the paints were not in fact washable and because of that, Asha had blue lips for days!!!  Poor thing was scrubbed and scrubbed so hard that we couldn't tell if she was actually scrubbed so hard that she went blue, or that she was in fact blue from the paint color. 

 The most important thing of all...she had fun and that was all that mattered.  And our little girls hands and lips are no longer blue - which is definitely a bonus!

No comments: