Thanks for joining in on our journey towards creating our forever family...

This is the place you can come to witness the adventures we experience as we adopt our child from the beautiful country of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. We hope you will come back often to learn about where we're at in the process, the culture of our child, our hopes and dreams, and to leave comments of encouragement.

Also, be sure to check out older posts by clicking on the link at the bottom of each page titled "older posts".

HOW OLD IS OUR PRECIOUS ASHA NOW???

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

SMARTY PANTS...

On the way home from the grocery store today, this is the conversation I had with Asha...

Asha:  Mama?
Mama:  Yes Asha.
Asha:  Asha wants a popsicle.
Mama:  Sure, sweetie.  Why don't we make supper and then have a popsicle?
Asha:  Mama, you want choc-o-lit?
Mama:  Sure, I love chocolate honey.
Asha:  Asha no like choc-o-lit Mama.
Mama:  I know honey.  How come you don't like chocolate?
Asha:  Makes me feel sick and stodgy.

I seriously laughed out loud!!!!  I couldn't believe my two year old used the word STODGY in a sentence.  The funny thing of all is that she used the word in the correct context too!

And for all of you out there who are not as smart as my two year old :), stodgy can mean: indigestible and starchy; heavy or heavy and unpalatable: said of food.

Yep, we have a baby einstein in our family!

No comments: