Thanks for joining in on our journey towards creating our forever family...

This is the place you can come to witness the adventures we experience as we adopt our child from the beautiful country of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. We hope you will come back often to learn about where we're at in the process, the culture of our child, our hopes and dreams, and to leave comments of encouragement.

Also, be sure to check out older posts by clicking on the link at the bottom of each page titled "older posts".

HOW OLD IS OUR PRECIOUS ASHA NOW???

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

THANKSGIVING...

What was I thankful for this Thanksgiving weekend?  The fact that Asha got to meet my Baba Josie.

When I was a little girl, maybe six years old or so, I told my Baba that in my life I wanted to do three things:
  1. Become a teacher (I am certified and plan to work in this field once Asha is school age)
  2. Marry the man of my dreams (and Scott is that and more), and;
  3. Have a child and be able to be a mother
Through our struggles with infertility and then the route of adoption, I knew that if and when we did have a child, that more than anything I wanted Baba to meet our little one. 

Baba has never lived close by, but she has always had a special spot in my heart.  Baba's health has been failing and with her living in Kelowna, British Columbia, I never honestly thought Asha would get the opportunity to meet this special lady in my life.  But, my dreams came true this weekend.  Baba came here for Thanksgiving.

No comments: